Saturday, April 4, 2009

my wonderful day, plus a little about Brandon Lee.

okay, so me and mum went around to a heap of op shops today! :D I bought some singlets to wear on art camp (which is in 3 weeks!! /explodes.) and I also bought The Crow for 50c. it's Brandon Lee's (Bruce Lee's son) last movie he ever made, as well as the one he died as a result of. Here's the story:

"On March 31, 1993, while making The Crow, the crew filmed a scene in which Lee's character walked into his apartment and discovered his girlfriend being raped by thugs. Actor Michael Massee, who played one of the film's villains (Fun-boy), was supposed to fire a gun at Eric Draven (Brandon Lee) as he walked into his apartment.

Because the movie's second unit team was running behind schedule, it was decided that dummy cartridges (cartridges that outwardly appear to be functional but contain no gunpowder or primer) would be made from real cartridges by pulling out the bullet, dumping out the gunpowder and reinserting the bullet. However, the team neglected to consider that the primer was still live and, if fired, could still produce enough force to push the bullet off the end of the cartridge. At some point prior to the fatal scene, the live primer on one of the constructed dummy rounds was discharged by persons unknown while in the pistol's chamber. It caused a squib load, in which the primer provided just enough force to push the bullet out of the cartridge and into the barrel of the revolver, where it became stuck.

The malfunction went unnoticed by the crew, and the same gun was used again later to shoot the death scene, having been re-loaded with low-power black powder blanks. However, the squib load was still lodged in the barrel, and was propelled by the blank cartridge's explosion out of the barrel and into Lee's body. Although the bullet was traveling much slower than a normally fired bullet would be, the bullet's large size and the point-blank firing distance made it powerful enough to fatally wound Lee.

When the blank was fired, the bullet shot out and hit Lee in the abdomen and lodged in his spine. He fell down instantly and the director shouted "Cut!." When Lee did not respond, the cast and crew rushed to him and found that he was wounded. He was immediately rushed to the hospital. Lee’s heart stopped once on the set and once in the ambulance. Following a six hour operation to remove the bullet, and despite being given 60 pints of blood, Lee was pronounced dead at 1:03 pm on March 31, 1993. He was 28 years old."


so I'm going to watch that tomorrow. but after we went to all the op shops we went into Centrals coz mum got invited to this down syndrome girl's (who she works with) birthday dinner at Sizzlers so we bought her a pair of pink furry Hello Kitty slippers :D awhh, I betcha she'll go apeshit for them. for lunch we had this rocket, brie and chicken sandwich from Sumo Salad, and OHMYGOD they make one of the greatest chai lattes I've ever tasted. though Jamaica Blue put more cinnamon in theirs so..

but yea, then we went to the DFO coz I wanted to buy some cheap shirts from Cotton On, coz I have about 4 left over tshirt transfers and I have ideas of designs I want to make :D

then I went to Danika's house to drop off that Little Miss Sunshine poster I had. she has a "huge friggin bus" outside her house you know! ;D hahah!

then I got home, la la la'ed for about an hour, then went off to Tom's house to film the second scene in my short film. it took over 2 hrs, but in between all the wig wearing, jumping around, sheet cubby house building and throwing lego at each other, we got it all done wonderfully! :D me and mum were talking on the way home about it, and I got so excited about everything that's happening to me right now (submitting my work to Creative Generations, the REACH Arts, filming my short film AND Leigh (who owns The Young Company) telling me she'll let me know and get me into some film competitions) that I CRIED! I felt like such a fool, but at THAT exact moment, I was just so happy, I cried. feel free to point and laugh next time you see me :)

No comments: