Sunday, April 12, 2009

getting rid of my hair colour, the natural-ish way

So at school, I'm in the radio class. We have an ignorant teacher who has taken to leaving us alone without telling us that he won't actually be at the lesson, leaving us to sit around and do nothing. But he actually arranged a substitute teacher last Wednesday, and we got the 50 year old, balding Scottish science teacher Mr. Cunningham. Note; he's a little insane hahah :)

So anyway, when I was in grade 8 I had him as a substitute for my computing class, and ever since then he's remembered my name. Apparently I'm part of the Scottish clan of the Scotts, simply because my last name is, well.. Scott. So yea, he's remembered me. He also remembers my hair history.

So we were sitting there, and the conversation went as follows:

Mr. C: "exactly how many hair colours have you had?"
Me: "not many, maybe.. 3?"
Mr. C: "no no, I remember you had blonde hair.."
Me: "Yea, I'm naturally blonde.."
Mr. C: "Yes, but then you had pink hair!"
Me: "Yea, but only my fringe and the sides.."
Mr. C: "And then it was black, then purple, then black again, and now it's.. bright RED!"
Me: "yea, well I'm going an orange kinda colour during the holidays.."
Mr C: "all your hair is going to fall out!"
Me: "no it isn't.. I just have to get rid of the red and I'll be right. I'm gonna mix Vitamin C powder with shampoo and it won't hurt my hair. If anything, it'll help it"
Mr C: "you should use lime juice. that's just CONCENTRATED VITAMIN C!"
Me: "really? wow, okay!"

Sure, he's a science teacher, but.. he's blad! Hahah I just find that funny.

So anyway, I took his advice and it's working really well!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

once I get it light enough (there'll still be a little bit of red left in it..) I'm going to put this colour through it:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hopefully I'll finally be the colour I've wanted for so long.

Hopefully it suits me.

No comments: