Wednesday, August 5, 2009

today and yesterday of CGen.

whoa whoa whoa, this whole experience has been FULL ON! yesterday we went back to the studio at Griffith to finish filming the music video for Tyrone's new song 'Tight Black Dress' with Grant Marshal. We split into two groups though, and I went in the group that was going to the stop motion animating studio upstairs. We hung out with this lad called Jason. He worked on both Wallace and Gromit 'Attack of the Were-Rabbit' and 'Mary and Max' as an extra animator, and just being in his presence was amazing. He knew so much about all his projects and all the techniques that make stop motion and claymation what it is, and even though I don't want to pursue it as a career, it has definantly been added to my hobby list. Me and this nice girl called Emma worked on making a girl doll, aka the girl from the music video. It was fun, even though she had massive Michel Gondry-like hands, and even though the plasticine made our hands smell feral.

Then after lunch we went back down to the band shoot, and as soon as I walked in the door I had a prop shoved into my hands and was told to walk through while the band was playing, thus I COULD MIGHT MAYBE might be in the music video. WEIRD but it was fun. Even under massive pressure Grant is still a real great, friendly and nice guy, and I really hope I turn out like that when I'm working as crazy and as full on as he is, though I doubt I will. I have vee low patience levels, and a quick temper.

OFF THE CHANNEL NINE! it was about half an hour out of town, high up on the hill. We walked through and got ot see this lad editing a segment of The Shak, then we went downstairs and saw the actual set, THEN we got to meet the nerd character off the show, Curio. He's a nerd in RL as well. As we were walking back to the bus, we walked past the make-up room and we saw this old guy getting his face done up, and realized it was Wally Lewis off The Footy Show! Getting his make-up done! There goes all the manly-ness and brute of The Footy Show..

That night we went to another forum, but this time with gaming and mobile game stylus, and this crazy lad called Justin Brow was there. He reminded me a lot of my art teacher, not so much in appearances (he had dreadlocks and was tanned, my teacher is pale-ish with black brown short hair), but more in the way they talk and explain things with their hands. It kept me awake, seeing as I usually fall asleep when I get too bored; it's my reflex reaction to boredom.

We got the night off editing, so we got back to our rooms at about 10ish, so I charged my ipod, checked out the music that was already on the Mac laptop, and got a call from Mrs. Williams (my art teacher). She wished us luck, and said she was proud of us, and all that teacher-ish stuff. Still, it was lovely to hear from her.

TODAY we went back to Griffith and went up to the editing rooms to watch Grant and Jane edit the video from the past two days, and give us tips, MASSIVELY APPRECIATED! We got to edit our vlogs from the past two days, and that's what we're back at the hotel doing right now. Sitting in the William Jolly room, drinking V, watching people eat food, edit their footage and laze about.

But very soon we'll be getting ready to go to the film screening of Unmade Beds, which I'm so psyched for! Seriously guys, Google it, Youtube it, IMDB it, if it has a page.. it just looks good and I'm heaps excited, PLUS we get to have dinner at the Italian place again tonight.

So far this week has been so hectic and stressful, but it has been the most amazing few days of my teenage life. Getting a taste of the industry, the people, the studios, the editing programs, the whole damn shebang, and even though I'm basically dead right now, I wish this week could last a lot longer than, well.. a week.

ALSO, UPDATE: We have a name for our vlog group: Accidental Awesomeness.

ciao ciao!

No comments: