Monday, August 3, 2009

Creative Gen!

Day two of this amazing trip! yesterday was far too packed to be able to take 5 to get on here, but the vlog we're uploading right now is taking fricken forever to upload so, stealthily, I'm typing out this. yes, I've already checked out my Myspace.

yesterday we arrived and settled into the hotel, rooming with Tasia. after that we, hmm, did something.. walked to the river to film some of our day one vlog, and we were so starved of creative ingenuity it wasn't even funny, it was sad. like when a kid is running and falls over, you WANT to laugh and you know you shouldn't. that's what our video was like. but we had dinner at this cute little Italian restaurant slash pub, and the pizza was heaps good.

editing our blog took longer than I thought and we got back to our rooms at around 11ish, got back, turned on tv and JAPANESE VERSION OF GODZILLA with vee bad Asian voiceover dubbing was on. wonderful costumes, it was purely glorious.

wake up time was 7, which is actually an hour later than when I usually have to get up. peanut butter SHOWER TIME, then breakfast. walk walk walk to this studio at Griffith University to.. wait.. record a music video for Tyrone Noonan from George, for his new song 'Tight Black Dress'. that experience was absolutely mind-blowing. I'm more unsure than ever as to what I want to pursue, being involved with every aspect is just TOO TEMPTING! I spent a majority of the time sitting around, filming some vlog material and shining a torch on the background, but simply watching everyone do their thang was great. I could DEFINANTLY get used to days like that.. only.. I'd be doing my thing, and not just sitting around like dust in the corner. my task this week is to be a sponge, absorbing all the info I can, and I'm writing all the little tips and tricks I hear on scraps of paper I find littering my bag. I plan to compile my own little bible out of them all.

walked to the post-production company Cutting Edge and had a peeksie around, saw all the different offices and departments and got to feel a little of what post-production is about.

got back to the hotel, ate food, left.

got to the forum talk at Griffith with 4 of some industry pros, and they told us about what they've done and achieved, told us what to expect of the industry and how to 'make it'. it's going to be mission impossible, but it's good to hear about all this BEFORE I invest my whole life in achieving a good OP for uni. coz I'm definantly not getting a good OP. I hate math.

the talk was great! and I won a tee shirt which is pretty sweet. I lack clothes, so donations are great for me. I wish we could have spoken to them a little longer but alas, monsuir bus man was waiting.

so now, we're sitting in the 'William Jolly' conference room, surrounded by Mac laptops, cords, PD170 cameras and sweet kids, and we're all attempting to upload yesterday's vlogs to the net, and I will post a link to our vlog page once I'm back home, or once the upload system starts working.


No comments: