Friday, July 24, 2009

is this the start of me 'going places'?

"Congratulations Kelly! After a lot of competition and difficult decisions by the whole visual arts department, we are pleased to announce that your work "Dino 1" and "Dino2" has been submitted as one of only 4 entries allowed by a school in the 2009 Creative Generations Awards.

The Awards draw over 600 entries from across the state each year and your work will be viewed by a panel of teachers in the next week or so to determine if it will be shortlisted through to the final competition and eventually selected to be part of the exhibition of about 40 works to be part of the State Wide Exhibition that exhibits in GoMa (Gallery of Modern Art) in Brisbane. If your work should be selected as part of the State Wide exhibition (which we at Trinity Bay will have our fingers crossed for!) you will get the opportunity to travel down to Brisbane in September holidays for a full week of workshops with some of Queensland's top artists on site at the Queensland College of Art (Griffith University) and QUT. You will also be presented with your award by the Minister for Education at a ceremony to celebrate your success. Your work will tour around the state throughout 2010.

We wish you all the very best luck in continuing in the competition."


I'm already heading down to Brisbane next Sunday for the week long Creative Generation for Film and New Media workshop, and I'm so excited, I can't even find words good enough to describe my emotions :'D I'll be taking heaps of photos, that's for sure.

If I get chosen to this as well, I think I may combust from happiness.

2 comments:

Gorga said...

congratulations man =D take the opportunities by the gonads weoeoo
my self portrait was in the exhibition last year (didnt win anything lol. which was expected. but it was still cool to see it on a wall ;D)
but no entry this year -_-
im so envious of the public school kids getting to do all the creative gen workshops! theyre so ultra cooool
have fun in brissy =D

Naner said...

I hope you get chosen
good luck :]

I love your blogs.
all are very interesting and keeps me on the edge of my seat.

and thanks for the blog comment
I HAVE heard Patrick Wolf's 'The Magic Position' before
and I like it ALOT.