Monday, March 2, 2009

An Incomplete Summary of my 5 Day Weekend

Thursday was excellent! brilliant really. is it just me, or does everyone need one of those days with a friend they can spend hours with and not get bored, and am just happy doing nothing really whatsoever? I do.

today I went into town with Marisa and we went to a few op shops (and I bought this DARLING blue polka dress, it's so adorable) and to the fabric shop (where I bought 3 meters of this gorgeous lacey threaded hemming which I plan to make a bag out of) and stole a few cute buttons ^_______^

we went to this bookshop down an alleyway (one I've never seen nor heard of before) and I walked in and asked if they had any Goosebumps and the 20 something girl was all "YES!!" and it turns out she's as big a fan as I am and we had a good chat for about 5 minutes. I just LOVE meeting strangers and having something fantastic in common.

Anyway, I plan to donate a few of my "Choose Your Own Adventure" Goosebumps books to the shop, even though we both agreed they were terrible, someone somewhere out there might love them, as she told me she'd put aside any new Goosebumps books they get in for me :D

Then Marisa wanted to check out the Asian Supermarket and we saw packets of STRAIGHT OUT MSG! haha! I posted a photo of it yesterday, so the proof is on this page somewhere.. and dried octopus in bags- eck!

and we had rice rolls for lunch, then just wandered around Cairns Central till around 3.

I got home and then PJ's sister drove me and PJ down to this paddock opposite Cairns Christian College and we painted her up and took photos! she's such an amazing model, she's up for anything :) I straight out love her, thanks Jaime (L).

http://flickr.com/photos/cupofchai

the grass made us quite itchy but it was definantly worth it.

Saturday night I stayed at Rik's house in Atherton and we spent our LAST $10 on a six pack of UDLs, so we're both officially broke as shite. But we had fun, and even though something bad happened, she was there for me and I truely appreciate having her in my life. I doubt anyone could have a better best friend than I do :)

ALSO TODAY my teacher told me that the piece I'm working on now (for film and television) will be the piece I'll submit to Creative Generations WHICH MEANS I'm officially an entrant! Happines and delight are running in full flight through my veins! I hope I get chosen, please wish me luck!

I'm thinking about starting filming my short film this weekend. The one due for school, not the Tristan one. I should start working more on that as well though..

No comments: