Thursday, October 29, 2009

Connections.

Finishing high school is a whole lot more work than slack time. Instead of feeling great about going out on weekends, I'm stuck stressing about all the time I'm wasting when I could be doing something productive, and with my exhibition to be held in MARCH next year, doomsday is a-loomin'. I really need to start thinking of ideas and pumping out some art. Frick!

Mrs. Williams took me into Crate59 (local artspace owned by Liz Dunn) today so we could connect with Kristen Tennyson, who'll become sort of my mentor artist when I finish school. She said she'd be happy to check out my work and ideas as I progress through my body of work, and for that I am so so damn thankful! She's an amazing artist; I'd own every single piece of her art if I could, and I still need to save up to by one of her tote bags..

But yeah, the pieces she's working on now are just mind blowing. Casting lace into resin skulls! I wish I could think of something that awesome. But what she's making looks a helluva lot like my necklaces I've been making with my El Día de los Muertos skulls and that makes me all depressed coz everyone knows just how much her work influences me, and before today I hadn't seen or known of what she was working on, but my necklace and her new pieces just look so identical, everyone is going to think I've been ripping her style! Gah! Besides that, I've very excited to be able to have her there to guide me.

Also! Recieved my cheque from the Peninsula Art Educators today, total of $300! It came in a little envelope full of animal sequins and a balloon, so I guess it's party time? HURRAH!

I need to think of a theme of my exhibition, I need to think of a NAME for my exhibition, I need to start thinking of ideas, I need to start taking photos.. I need to contact Naomi from work about her girl guides.. I need to make my Jesus costume for Halloween! That's right, I'll be rockin' it Old Testament!

Kayla lent me her fisheye lens for the weekend, so I'll take loads of photos and this page will be full of niceness again. I need to read my frankie magazine I bought yesterday, so I can get all inspired.

I need to clean my house. I need to create a budget. I need to organise formal. I need to do my schoolwork.

INEEDTOBECLONEDSOICANGETEVERYTHINGFRICKENDONE!

No comments: