Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Who else prays for foggy days?

I don't know whether it's because I've been made to eat so much of it lately, or I've seen one too many horror/gore/flesh-eating/cannibal movies, but I've gone off red meat a fair bit. I think it's for the better

I've been discreetly informing my family that I want nothing more than books for Christmas- Diablo Cody's 'Candy Girl: A Year in the Life of an Unlikely Stripper' and the Twilight series. Please! I can hear you all moaning and groaning, but I actually like Twilight, so you can all take your Emily Bronte and 'Wuthering Heights' and piss off somewhere intellectual. By 'discreetly', I actually mean exclaiming the wonder of each book as we walk into a bookstore, then mutter something about Christmas, as if it's an entirely new conversation, and both topics have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I am quite the Agent 99 when it comes down to it.

As a dedicated, bi-monthly frankie magazine enthusiast, as well as a manic list writer, I have a few scraps of paper lying around with names of artists and blogs and new movies and all such that I should check out, and throughout all my note taking and list compiling, I've only come across a few things I actually like. A lot.

This is the wonderful Kareena Zerefos's work. Doesn't it just remind you of foggy windows on a rainy day, soft worn-in doonas and handmade crochet?





She's adorable :3
http://www.kareenaz.net

love love x!

1 comment:

almightybeanchild said...

Dude, I love Kareena Zerefos! She's so awesome.

All Frankie subscribers are cultishly in love with her, not that that's a bad thing.

Her childhood sdrawing makes me feel very nostalgic